Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (archaic) Anything, as goods, etc., taken or got by violence; anything taken by force from an enemy in war; spoil; booty; plunder.
- That which is or may be seized by animals or birds to be devoured; hence, a person given up as a victim.
- A living thing that is eaten by another living thing.
- The rabbit was eaten by the coyote, so the rabbit is the coyote's prey.
booty, anything taken by force
that which may be seized by animals
- (with on) To victimize, hunt, attack or plunder.
- (with on) To devour.
- (with on) To exert harmful influence.