Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
prude (plural prudes)
- A person who is or tries to be excessively proper, especially one who is easily offended by matters of a sexual nature.
1991, Robert M. Pirsig, Lila:
- If you didn't go for Lila you're some kind of prissy old prude. If you did go for her you were some kind of dirty old man.
A person who is or tries to be excessively proper
- prude in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- prude in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- third-person singular present indicative of prudere
- feminine form of