Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
pursuivant (plural pursuivants)
- (archaic) follower
- (heraldry) A herald of the College of Arms
- A functionary of lower rank than a herald, but discharging similar duties; called also pursuivant at arms; an attendant of the heralds.
- The herald Hope, forerunning Fear, / And Fear, the pursuivant of Hope.
- (freemasonry) A Grand Lodge Officer who guards the inner door during a meeting of the Grand Lodge
- The king's messenger; a state messenger.
- One pursuivant who attempted to execute a warrant there was murdered.