Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also réservation
From Middle French reservation.
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
reservation (plural reservations)
- The act of reserving, withholding or keeping back.
- Something that is withheld or kept back.
- A limiting qualification (often used in the plural).
- I have reservations about your intentions.
- (US) A tract of land set apart by the US government for the use of a Native American people; Indian reservation (compare Canadian reserve).
- An arrangement by which accommodation or transport arrangements are secured in advance.
- (UK) the area which separates opposing lanes of traffic on a divided motorway.
Related terms 
act of withholding
tract of land
arrangement by which something is secured in advance
area that separates opposing traffic lanes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Middle French 
reservation f (plural reservations)
- reservation (limiting qualification)