Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (advertising) a quantitative research technique that analyzes the data in a control cell against a test cell to determine how viewing an ad strengthens the linkages between related ideas in a product category.
- Our semantic network results showed that the phrase “good cooks use it” in our commercials was increasing sales because it made people think “fresh” and “taste” which are two of our key attributes.
- (marketing) a quantitative research technique used to develop “selling pathways” to motivate sales.
- A graph whose vertices represent concepts and edges represent semantic relations, such as synonymy—having very similar meaning, hyponymy—being a subclass, or meronymy—being a part of a whole.
- (graph of concepts): semantic net
The Advertising Research Handbook Charles E. Young, Ideas in Flight, Seattle, WA, April 2005 ISBN 0-9765574-0-1