Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- sherbert (US, Australia, New Zealand)
- (UK) IPA: /ˈʃɜːbət/, X-SAMPA: /"S3:b@t/ or IPA: /ˈʃɜːbɪt/, X-SAMPA: /"S3:bIt/
- (US) IPA: /ˈʃɝːbɚt/, /ˈʃɝːbət/
Audio (US) (file)
sherbet (plural sherbets)
- A food of frozen fruit juice with a dairy product such as milk added; a sorbet with dairy ingredients.
- A powder made of bicarbonate of soda, sugar and flavourings, intended to be eaten alone or mixed with water to make a drink.
Derived terms 
frozen fruit juice