Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
shortcut (plural shortcuts)
- A path between two points that is faster than the commonly used paths.
- A method to accomplish something that omits one or more steps.
- (computing, in the Microsoft family of operating systems) A symlink (symbolic file link); especially, one that appears as an icon.
- There are shortcuts to some of my favourite applications on my desktop.
- A keyboard shortcut - a combination of keystrokes that provides easier access to a command or operation