snakehead (plural snakeheads)
- (fish) A family of perciform fish native to Africa and Asia, Channidae.
- (slang) A Chinese smuggler, especially one who smuggles people
- A showy perennial plant, Chelone glabra, found in North American marshlands; the turtlehead
- A loose, bent-up end of one of the strap rails, or flat rails, formerly used on American railroads. It was sometimes so bent by the passage of a train as to slip over a wheel and pierce the bottom of a car.
- The Guinea-hen flower, Fritillaria meleagris.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.