Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The liquid discharges from kitchens, wash basins, toilets etc; sewage
- The streets were exceedingly large, well paved, having many vaults and conveyances under them for sullage.
- silt or sediment deposited from flowing water.
- That which sullies or defiles.
- It is the privilege of the celestial luminaries to receive no tincture, sullage, or defilement from the most noisome sinks and dunghills here below.
- (metallurgy) The scoria on the surface of molten metal in the ladle.
- Water Supply & Sanitation - by M. Feroze Ahmed & Md. Mujibur Rahman
- OED 2nd edition 1989