Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology.
- (blasting) to plug up with clay, earth, dry sand, sod, or other material, as a hole bored in a rock, in order to prevent the force of the explosion from being misdirected.
- To drive in or pack down by frequent gentle strokes; as, to tamp earth so as to make a smooth place.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- The end, or end piece, of a rope
Declension of tamp