Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
trademark (not comparable)
- (informal) distinctive, characteristic, signature
2011 October 15, Owen Phillips, “Stoke 2 - 0 Fulham”, BBC Sport:
- Riise did crash a fantastic, trademark free-kick against the bar from 25 yards but it was the Potters who increasingly posed the greater threat.
trademark (plural trademarks)
- A word, symbol, or phrase used to identify a particular company's product and differentiate it from other companies' products.
- Any proprietary business, product or service name.
2005, Kai A. Olsen, The Internet, the Web, and eBusiness, page xv:
- Trademark Notice / The following are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies: […] Google is a trademark of Google Corporation; eBay is a trademark of eBay, Inc.
identification of a company's product
Among practitioners of trademark law, it is generally considered incorrect to use “trademark” as a verb; the preferred terminology would be to use a trademark or to register a trademark.