Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tumble (plural tumbles)
- A fall.
- I took a tumble down the stairs and broke my tooth.
- (intransitive) To fall end over end.
- He who tumbles from a tower surely has a greater blow than he who slides from a molehill.
- To perform gymnastics such as somersaults, rolls, and handsprings.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Rowe to this entry?)
- To roll over and over.
- (informal) To have sexual intercourse.
- (transitive) To smooth and polish a rough surface on relatively small parts.
- To muss, to make disorderly; to tousle or rumple.
- to tumble a bed
to fall end over end