Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɒk
- (transitive) To undo or open a lock or something locked by, for example, turning a key, or selecting a combination.
- I unlocked the door and walked in
- (transitive) to give access to something
- I unlocked the dictionary article so it could be edited
- (transitive) To disclose or reveal previously unknown knowledge.
- The discovery of a clue unlocked the mystery
- (intransitive) To be or become unfastened or unrestrained
- The safe was already unlocked
to undo or open a lock