Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA: /vəˈlɒsəti/, X-SAMPA: /v@"lQs@ti/
- (GenAm) IPA: /vəˈlɑsəti/, X-SAMPA: /v@"lAs@ti/
Audio (US) (file)
- (physics) A vector quantity that denotes the rate of change of position with respect to time, or a speed with the directional component.
- Rapidity of motion.
- The rate of occurrence.
- (economics) The number of times that an average unit of currency is spent during a specific period of time.
rapidity of motion
the rate of occurrence
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.