Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɔɪsɪŋ
- Present participle of voice.
voicing (plural voicings)
- (music) the final regulation of the pitch and tone of any sound-producing entity, especially of an organ or similar musical instrument
- (music) a particular arrangement of notes to form a chord.
- (phonetics) the articulatory process in which the vocal cords vibrate
- (phonetics, phonology) a classification of speech sounds that tend to be associated with vocal cord vibration
music: particular arrangement of notes to form a chord