woe is me
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
First found in the King James translation of the Old Testament.
- Used to show that the speaker feels distress or misery; often used humorously.
- Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar! Psalms 120:5
- Woe is me, I have eaten your bagel.
- woe is you / woe is ye / woe are ye
- woe is thee / woe is thou / woe art thou
- woe is her / woe is she
- woe is him / woe is he
- woe is it
- woe is us / woe are us / woe is we / woe are we
- woe is them / woe is they / woe are they
- woe was me
- woe was him / woe was he
- woe was her / woe was she
- woe was us
- woe was them / woe were they