Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪŋə(ɹ)
zinger (plural zingers)
- Something that zings.
- A very rapidly moving object, especially one that is thrown.
- The pitcher threw a real zinger and struck him out.
- A surprising or unusually pointed or telling remark.
- My little niece let fly with the zinger that my sister was pregnant again.
- An event that when experienced leaves the witness dazed, either physically or metaphorically.
- I was still reeling from the zinger of seeing my ex on a date with my best friend.
- An outstanding, energetic and surprising thing or person.