'tis the season
Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the popular Christmas song, Deck the Halls, written in 1862.
- Indicating that it is the time of year around Christmas, and that things associated with that time period are happening or likely to happen.
- 2001, David Kranes, The National Tree, page 278:
- Anyway, ‛tis the season, and apropos of that and this particular evening's events, here we are.
- 2008, Lori L. Conrad, Missy Matthews, Cheryl Zimmerman, Put Thinking to the Test, p. 6:
- Training kids to perform a series of academic stunts in sixty-minute time slots makes me cringe. But ‛tis the season, so let the testing begin.
- 2012 Marcia Aldrich, Companion to an Untold Story, p. 138:
- Dear Marcia, According to television advertising, ‛tis the season, so Merry Christmas!