First attested in the Sohak eonhae (小學諺解 / 소학언해), 1585, as Middle Korean 톄로 (thyeylwo). From Sino-Korean 톄 (體, tye, “manner, way”) and the postposition —로 (-ro, “in ..., by ...”).
- Phonetic Hangul[처럼]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
처럼 • (cheoreom)
- like, as, as if
― like before
― like brothers
- gaemicheoreom bujireonhada
- as hardworking as an ant
내일 죽을것처럼 살아라.
- Naeil jugeulgeotcheoreom sarara.
- Live as if you will die tomorrow.
나비처럼 날아서 벌처럼 쏘다.
- Nabicheoreom naraseo beolcheoreom ssoda.
- Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.