Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: εὕω
Denominative of -εύς (-eús).
- (5th BCE Attic) IPA(key): /ěu̯.ɔː/
- (1st CE Egyptian) IPA(key): /ˈe.wo/
- (4th CE Koine) IPA(key): /ˈe.βo/
- (10th CE Byzantine) IPA(key): /ˈe.vo/
- (15th CE Constantinopolitan) IPA(key): /ˈe.vo/
-εύω • (-eúō)
- Added to the stems of agent or other nouns in -εύς (-eús) to form a denominative verb of condition or activity: meaning "be x" or "do what x typically does"
- Added to other nouns
- -ευτικός (-eutikós)
- Smyth, Herbert Weir (1920), “Part III: Formation of Words”, in A Greek grammar for colleges, Cambridge: American Book Company, § 866