Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
activity (plural activities)
- The state or quality of being active; nimbleness; agility; vigorous action or operation; energy; active force
- Pit row was abuzz with activity.
- Something done as an action or a movement.
- The activity for the morning was a walk to the store.
- Something done for pleasure or entertainment, especially one involving movement or an excursion.
2013 June 7, David Simpson, “Fantasy of navigation”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 36:
- Like most human activities, ballooning has sponsored heroes and hucksters and a good deal in between. For every dedicated scientist patiently recording atmospheric pressure and wind speed while shivering at high altitudes, there is a carnival barker with a bevy of pretty girls willing to dangle from a basket or parachute down to earth.
- An increasing number of sports activities are on offer at the university.
- Quilting can be an enjoyable activity.
- Use (of internet, Playstation, bank account etc.).
- Adjectives often used with "activity": increased, decreased, high, low, volcanic, seismic, eruptive, intellectual, physical, mental, spiritual, muscular, cerebral, favorite, recreational, practical, cultural, artistic, literary, musical, political, diplomatic, military, domestic, voluntary, missionary, chemical, optical, productive, reproductive, industrial, commercial, etc.
- See also Wikisaurus:activity
state or quality of being active
something done as an action or a movement
something done for pleasure or entertainment
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked