Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
activity (plural activities)
- The state or quality of being active; nimbleness; agility; vigorous action or operation; energy; active force; as, an increasing variety of human activities.
- Pit row was abuzz with activity.
- Something done as an action or a movement.
- The activity for the morning was a walk to the store.
- Something done for pleasure or entertainment, especially one involving movement or an excursion.
2013 June 7, David Simpson, “Fantasy of navigation”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 36:
- Like most human activities, ballooning has sponsored heroes and hucksters and a good deal in between. For every dedicated scientist patiently recording atmospheric pressure and wind speed while shivering at high altitudes, there is a carnival barker with a bevy of pretty girls willing to dangle from a basket or parachute down to earth.
- Quilting can be an enjoyable activity.
- Use (of internet, playstation, bank account etc.).
- Adjectives often used with "activity": increased, decreased, high, low, volcanic, seismic, eruptive, intellectual, physical, mental, spiritual, muscular, cerebral, favorite, recreational, practical, cultural, artistic, literary, musical, political, diplomatic, military, domestic, voluntary, missionary, chemical, optical, productive, reproductive, industrial, commercial, etc.
- See also Wikisaurus:activity
The state or quality of being active; nimbleness; agility; vigorous action or operation; energy; active force
something done as an action or a movement
something done for pleasure or entertainment
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked