- physicks (obsolete)
- The branch of science concerned with the study of the properties and interactions of space, time, matter and energy.
- Newtonian physics was extended by Einstein to explain the effects of travelling near the speed of light; quantum physics extends it to account for the behaviour of atoms.
- The physical aspects of a phenomenon or a system, especially those studied scientifically.
- The physics of car crashes would not let Tom Cruise walk away like that.
Hyponyms of physics
- See also Thesaurus:physics
branch of science
- plural of
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of physic