Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- physicks (obsolete)
- The branch of science concerned with the study of properties and interactions of space, time, matter and energy.
- Newtonian physics was extended by Einstein to explain the effects of travelling near the speed of light; quantum physics extends it to account for the behaviour of atoms.
- Of or pertaining to the physical aspects of a phenomenon or a system, especially those studied in physics.
- The physics of car crashes would not let Tom Cruise walk away like that.
- See also Wikisaurus:physics
- cartoon physics
- chemical physics
- classical physics
- modern physics
- nuclear physics
- particle physics
branch of science
- plural of
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of physic