Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality of being inactive; idleness; passiveness.
- 1994, Helene Barbara Weinberg, Doreen Bolger, David Park Curry, American Impressionism and Realism:
- Painters depicted Idle Hours (see fig. 99), reverie, solitude, and other themes that reflected Americans' new willingness to eschew productivity, and they sold their canvases to patrons who enjoyed both the inactivities portrayed and seeing themselves portrayed in inactivities.
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect, Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, →OCLC, PC, scene: Ilos:
- Shepard: How do the Reapers survive out in dark space?
Vigil: We have only theories. The researchers here came to believe the Reapers enter prolonged states of inactivity to conserve energy.
Vigil: This allows them to survive the thousands and thousands of years it takes for organic civilization to rebuild itself. But in this state, they are vulnerable.
quality of being inactive