Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "asa"
- Initialism of Acoustical Society of America.
- Initialism of American Standards Association, which has changed its name to American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Initialism of American Society of Anesthesiologists.
- 2011, Pauline K. Park, “Assessment of Noncardiac Perioperative Risk”, in Michael W. Mulholland; Gerard M. Doherty, editors, Complications in Surgery, 2nd edition, Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, →ISBN, page 82:
- The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) classification is a measure of comorbidity aimed at predicting perioperative mortality rates, but has also demonstrated strong correlation with postoperative pulmonary complication. Substantial increases in pulmonary complication risk occurred with increasing ASA class greater than II.
- Initialism of Amateur Swimming Association.
- (Britain) Initialism of Advertising Standards Authority.
- (military) Initialism of air sovereignty alert: refers to fighter jet units that provide aerial defense of the nation via high-readiness aircraft.
- (pharmacology, uncountable) Initialism of acetylsalicylic acid. (aspirin)
- (aspirin): APAP (tylenol)