Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In yogic belief, a metaphysical channel that connects certain vital areas of the human body.
1970, Cuttān̲anta Pāratiyār, Secrets of Sama Yoga;: An Elaborate Treatise on the Yoga of Vedic Seers, page 113:
- The top is connected with the heart by a mystic Nadi called Amrita Nadi.
- 1978, G. Krishna, Guṇṭūru Lakṣmīkāntamu, Nayana: Kavyakantha Vasishtha Ganapati Muni : Biography, page 97,
- ...(the nerve-knot behind the centre of the eyebrows) leading the aspirant to the heart centre through the Amrita Nadi.
1979, G. V. Subbaramayya, Sri Ramana Reminiscences, page 101:
- Nadi or Amrita Nadi.
1996, David Frawley, Tantric Yoga and the Wisdom Goddesses: spiritual secrets of Ayurda, page 173:
- It is called Amrita Nadi, the "immortal channel," or Atma Nadi, "the channel of the Self."
2005, Christian Von Nidda, Our Secret Planet, page 90:
- From the nasal cavity the white elixer passes down a secret channel called amrita-nadi and is then distributed throughout the body, with the majority ending up in the brain.