Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A prefecture in northwestern Greece that is a part of the Epirus region.
- A city in Greece that serves as the capital of the Arta prefecture.
- A department in Djibouti.
department in Djibouti
First recorded as a given name of Latvians in 1916. Possibly a feminine form of Artis.
- A female given name.
- Klāvs Siliņš: Latviešu personvārdu vārdnīca. Riga "Zinātne" 1990, ISBN 5-7966-0278-0
-  Population Register of Latvia: Arta was the only given name of 1180 persons in Latvia on May 21st 2010.