Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Initialism of .
- 2015, Alyssa Teekah, This is What a Feminist Slut Looks Like, Demeter Press, →ISBN:
- While BIPOC come disproportionately from immigrant, lower income social experiences, this cannot account for all people. […] The idea that all BIPOC know “what whiteness is about” presumes that all of us go through institutions in the same way and are aware in the same way.
- 2019, Maisie Hill, Period Power: Harness Your Hormones and Get Your Cycle Working For You, Bloomsbury Publishing (→ISBN), page 172:
- Tone policing is a tactic used by those with privilege to silence those who don't by focusing on the ‘tone’ of what is being said, rather than the actual content. It is when white people ask BIPOC to say what we're saying in a “nicer” way. […]
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:BIPOC.
- ^ Sandra E. Garcia (2020-06-17) , “Where Did BIPOC Come From?”, in New York Times: “The acronym stands for “black, Indigenous and people of color.” Though it is now ubiquitous in some corners of Twitter and Instagram, the earliest reference The New York Times could find on social media was a 2013 tweet.”