Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bazar
Bazar (plural Bazars)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Bazar is the 31516th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 734 individuals. Bazar is most common among White (84.2%) individuals.
From local Late Latin Bazari, genitive of Bazarius, probably from a Suevic personal name, a compound from Proto-Germanic *baz-, perhaps a hypocoristic form of *badwō (“fight”), and *harjaz (“army; warriot”).
- A parish of Santa Comba, A Coruña, Galicia.
- A parish of Lugo, Lugo, Galicia.
- A parish of Castro de Rei, Lugo, Galicia.
- A village in Trobe parish, Vedra, A Coruña, Galicia.
- A village in Abades parish, Silleda, Pontevedra, Galicia.
- A toponymical surname.