Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A short form of the male given names Caleb, Calum or Calvin.
- A diminutive of the female given name Caroline.
- (informal) University of California, Berkeley
- (informal, uncommon) California.
- Borrowed from Spanish Cal. This surname is mostly found in Guatemala.
- Borrowed from Polish Cal.
- Borrowed from Turkish Çal.
Cal (plural Cals)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Cal is the 35489th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 634 individuals. Cal is most common among Black/African American (31.55%), Hispanic/Latino (29.18%), White (24.29%) and Asian/Pacific Islander (11.51%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Cal”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 1, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 269.