Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (geography) A federal state of modern Austria.
- (geography) A region of modern Slovenia.
- (geography, historical) A region of the Holy Roman and Austrian empires.
- 1759, George Sale et al., The Modern Part of an Universal History, volume XXIX: History of the German Empire, page 2:
- (region in Slovenia): Slovenian Carinthia
- (states of Austria) state of Austria; Burgenland, Carinthia, Lower Austria, Upper Austria, Salzburg, Styria, Tyrol, Vorarlberg, Vienna (Category: en:States of Austria)
state of Austria
- Obsolete spelling of (used in Portugal until September 1911 and died out in Brazil during the 1920s).