Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)də(r)
Cunarder (plural Cunarders)
- A steamship operated by the Cunard Line.
- 1877, Hjalmar Hjorth Boysen, Tales From Two Hemispheres:
- Our Norseman found himself standing on the deck of a huge black-hulled Cunarder.
- 1896, William Dean Howells, The Landlord At Lions Head:
- a gasping August, whose hot breath thickened round the Cunarder before she got half-way up the harbor.
- 1912, Sinking of the Titanic and Great Sea Disasters:
- Wireless despatches up to noon Monday showed that the passengers of the Titanic were being transferred aboard the steamer Carpathia, a Cunarder, which left New York, April 13th, for Naples.