Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (medicine, chiefly US) Any publicly administered vaccine comprising a combination of vaccines against diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough) and tetanus.
- Synonyms: DPT, DTP, DTP vaccine, DTwP, DTwP vaccine
- Hyponyms: DTaP, DTaP vaccine, Tdap, (variants where the pertussis component is acellular) Tdap vaccine
- 1985, Harris Livermore Coulter, Barbara Loe Fisher, DPT: a Shot in the Dark, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, page 302:
- Even though it may have held about 50 percent of the market with a product that was reputed to be safer than the other DPT vaccines available, Lilly was willing to sacrifice Trisolgen.