Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, pertaining to or resembling the works of author Philip K. Dick or the themes expressed therein.
- Synonym: Phildickian
- 1975, Brian W. Aldiss, Dick's Maledictory Web: About and Around Martian Time-Slip:
- Later, Dickian characters are frequently to find themselves trapped in hallucinations or fake worlds of various kinds, often without knowing it or, if knowing it, without being able to do anything about it.
- 2006, Robert Silverberg, Reflections: The Days of Perky Vivienne:
- A case in point is the announcement last spring that a Hong Kong company, Artificial Life, Inc.—what a Dickian name!—is about to provide the lonely men of this world with a virtual girlfriend named Vivienne, who can be accessed via cellphone for a basic monthly fee of six dollars.
- 2011, D. E. Wittkower, Philip K. Dick and Philosophy: Do Androids Have Kindred Spirits?, Open Court Publishing (→ISBN), page 6:
- Maybe the screenwriters thought the original stories were too hard to tell in movie form, but I suspect a clash between the Dickian worldview and the Holly-worldview is the real culprit. The Dickian worldview wouldn't work in a Hollywood movie (meaning less box office revenue). […] People don't like their belief in free will questioned.