Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (as an adjective) From, related to, or like.
- (as a noun) One from, belonging to, relating to, or like.
- (as a noun) Having a certain profession.
- When males with a profession are distinguished from females, males are -ian, females -ienne.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.