Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Washingtonian (not comparable)
- Of, or pertaining to, the state of Washington or its culture.
- Of, or pertaining to, Washington, D.C. or its culture.
- Of, or pertaining to, the life, values, or presidential administration of George Washington.
2005, John W. Matviko, The American President in Popular Culture, page 4:
- By appearing in uniform, Jackson was able to convey his strong character through these images. Jackson had seized on one element of the Washingtonian myth and clung to it.
1914, Frederic Austin Ogg, Daniel Webster, page 78:
- Demonstrating that maritime defense, the protection of trade, and the providing of a national revenue were fundamental objectives of the Union, and directing attention to the departures which the Democrats had made from the sound Washingtonian policies in these matters, the orator went on to insist that this there must be a war, the depleted navy should be at once reconstituted...
Washingtonian (plural Washingtonians)
- A native or resident of the state of Washington in the United States of America.
- An inhabitant or a resident of Washington, D.C..
- (historical) A member of the Washingtonian movement, a 19th-century sobriety support group.