Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A taxonomic superorder within the division Archosauria – the true dinosaurs, including modern birds; a clade of ornithodiran archosaurian diapsid reptilians, distinguished by their hip bones, erect hind limbs and shorter forearms, and differentiated from the pterosaurs and other dinosauromorphs. First appearing in the Triassic, they became a polymorphic and widespread group, but only the avian line avoided extinction at the end of the Cretaceous.
- dinosaur (“member of Dinosauria”, noun)
- Dinosaurian or dinosaurian (“pertaining to, member of Dinosauria”, adj. or noun)
- Dinosauria on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Dinosauria on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Dinosauria on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- Richard Owen, “Report on British Fossil Reptiles”, Part II, Report of the British Association for the Advancement of Science, 1841, p. 103.
- Thomas R. Holtz Jr., “Classification and Evolution of the Dinosaur Groups”, Scientific American Book of Dinosaurs, 2000.