Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (zoology) Of or relating to the members of the class Reptilia.
- (figuratively) Unthinking, low, base, contemptible.
- (figuratively) Cold-blooded, treacherous, unavoidably selfish and hostile.
- (or or relating to members of Reptilia): reptilious; reptitious (obsolete)
- (like a reptile): See reptilelike
- (contemptible): See Thesaurus:despicable
- (cold-blooded): See cold-blooded
reptilelike — see reptilelike
reptilian (plural reptilians)
- A reptilian animal: a reptile.
- (figuratively) A reptilian person, especially (ethnic slur) a Jew.
- (science fiction) A reptilian alien, especially (ufology, often capitalized) of a shapeshifting race purported to secretly control the world.
- 2001, Caroline Tiger, The UFO Hunter’s Handbook: A Field Guide to the Paranormal, →ISBN, page 62-63:
- More evolved than the Grays or Reptilians, the Humanoids seem to feel some sort of kinship with humans and are likely to be kind.[…] Some researchers believe the Grays are merely preparing the way for a full-scale invasion of Reptilian aliens.
- 2010, Chico Penteado, Talking to the Reptilians-A Report from Brazil, →ISBN, page 11:
- Such powerful human families would descend upon the reptilians themselves and they would be willing to do just anything to retain their power.
- 2011, Collin Robert Bowling, A New Order of the Ages, →ISBN:
- The reptilians are the creation of the Carians.
- 2015, Marty Crump, Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Adder's Fork and Lizard's Leg, →ISBN:
- Reptilians generally are envisioned as half snake, half human, and they are thought to have come from the Alpha Draconian star system.