Jump to navigation Jump to search
First attested as apine in 1041. Likely derived from Old Dutch *apa (“river, current”). A derivation from iep (“elm, Ulmus sp.”) is less likely.
See also Limburgish Ieëpe.
- A village in Gulpen-Wittem, Limburg, Netherlands.
- van Berkel, Gerard; Samplonius, Kees (2018) Nederlandse plaatsnamen verklaard (in Dutch), Mijnbestseller.nl, →ISBN
- Dutch terms inherited from Old Dutch
- Dutch terms derived from Old Dutch
- Dutch terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:Dutch/eːpən/2 syllables
- Dutch terms with homophones
- Dutch lemmas
- Dutch proper nouns
- Dutch neuter nouns
- nl:Villages in Limburg, Netherlands
- nl:Villages in the Netherlands
- nl:Places in Limburg, Netherlands
- nl:Places in the Netherlands
- German terms with audio links
- German non-lemma forms
- German noun forms