Jump to navigation Jump to search
Initialism of guest of honour.
GOH (plural GOHs)
- (fandom slang) Alternative letter-case form of
- 1993 November 29, Jazmyn Concolor, “Re: Midwest Furry Con? (was: I'm here! I can post!)”, in alt.fan.furry, Usenet, message-ID <jazmynCH8LKu.Dso@netcom.com>:
- You need a popular/famous/realy [sic] talented artist/writer/actor/etc who is known for doing furry books/movies/art/etc for your GUEST OF HONOR. Some GOH posibilities [sic] for cons have to be asked up to two years before the con and some will only do cons if paid. They must be transported to the con and given rooms,food and such. Most cons do not pay bar tabs though. Two GOHs are a good idea in case one can't make it and cancels. Having back-ups is good to. It is posible to have a con without any famous GOHs, but it tends to hurt membership a bit.
- 2002, Resnick, Mike, “Your First Worldcon”, in Once a Fan..., →ISBN, page 102:
- There used to be just one Pro GOH, and 90% of the time it was a writer. These days there's usually a Writer GOH, an Editor GOH, and an Artist GOH, and each will have an hour in which to make a speech. Check the schedule; usually they're at awkward times, as they're rarely big draws.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:GoH.