Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Britain, Canada) Attributive form of Girl Guides.
- Girl Guide movement; Girl Guide organisation
1998, Astrid Taim, Almaguin: A Highland History, page 129:
- From newspaper clippings of Lady Baden Povvell′s visit to the Ontario Girl Guide Camp near Sprucedale to photographs of the first Girl Guides and Brownies from the 1940s, Muriel Parker has filed it all.
1998, Cathy Converse, Mainstays: Women Who Shaped BC, page 41:
- Bonnie MacQueen has looked critically into the Girl Guide movement in British Columbia and feels that Guiding was a double-edged sword for women.
- 2009, Ann Short Chirhart, Betty Wood, Georgia Women: Their Lives and Times, Volume 1, page 379,
- She wrote a “manual of training” based on Boy Scout procedures and the British Girl Guide handbook, and she began organizing girls into Savannah′s first troops.
- (Britain, Canada) A member of the Girl Guides, a world wide youth organisation for girls.
2002, Scott Mitchell, Secret Toronto: The Unique Guidebook to Toronto's Hidden Sites, Sounds & Tastes, page 117:
- It′s cookie season every spring, from early April to mid-May, when hundreds of Girl Guides hit the street flogging boxes of trets in their annual fund-raising drive.
- 2006, Richard Whittington-Egan, Molly Whittington-Egan, Murder on File: The World′s Most Notorious Killers, unnumbered page,
- She was wearing the blue uniform of a Girl Guide.
2007, Susan Bivin Aller, Juliette Low, page 32:
- Daisy told the group that in Britain, Girl Guides wore uniforms.
- Girl Scout (US)