Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: indopacific
Indo-Pacific (not comparable)
- Describing the tropical parts of the Indian Ocean and of the western Pacific Ocean.
- 1933 May, George Gerhard, “Philippine Independence”, in North American Review, volume CCXXXV, number 5, New York, OCLC 925540419, page 449:
- There is also, after independence, the problem of military protection. History shows that no Indo-Pacific island has hitherto been able to survive without foreign intervention.
- 2021 February 10, “Readout of President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Call with President Xi Jinping of China”, in White House, archived from the original on 11 February 2021, retrieved 2 March 2021:
- President Biden affirmed his priorities of protecting the American people’s security, prosperity, health, and way of life, and preserving a free and open Indo-Pacific.
- 2022 July 1, The Japan Times Editorial Board, “Groundbreaking NATO summit means work for Japan”, in The Japan Times, archived from the original on 01 July 2022, Editorials:
- Meanwhile, Japan must bolster its own defenses and substantially increase defense spending to meet new threats. Tokyo should swallow some of its suspicions and move more quickly to rebuild frayed ties with South Korea. It should make cooperation with the United States a cornerstone of its engagement throughout the Indo-Pacific and with NATO. It is a full agenda and there is no time to lose.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:Indo-Pacific.