Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the company name of Dr Gustav Jaeger's Sanitary Woollen Systems Co. Ltd.
Jaeger (plural Jaegers)
- The proprietary name of a range of woollen clothing; an item of woollen clothing.
- 1934, Agatha Christie, chapter 5, in Murder on the Orient Express, London: HarperCollins, published 2017, page 110:
- 'I have a good comfortable dressing-gown of Jaeger material.'
- 1978, Lawrence Durrell, Livia, Faber & Faber 1992 (Avignon Quintet), p. 445:
- His nether half was clad in lightweight Jaeger combinations which stretched to the ankle and through the fly-slit of which depended the royal member with its innocent pink tip.