jaeger (plural jaegers)
- Any of three seabirds in the skua genus Stercorarius.
- A hunter's guide.
- A rifle.
2007 January 16, David E. Petzal, “Rifle That Made America”, in Field and Stream:
- The jaeger was the creation of Central European gunsmiths ...
- A sharpshooter, a rifleman, light infantry.
2011 Spring, Adam Goodheart, “Civil Warfare in the Streets”, in American Scholar, volume 80, number 2, page 20-32:
- St. Louis, however, was not a place where such things could be kept secret for long. By early March, Democratic papers carried reports of a terrifying new battalion known as the Black Jaegers --
- (bird of the genus Stercorarius): skua
- pomarine jaeger, Stercorarius pomarinus
- parasitic jaeger, Stercorarius parasiticus
- long-tailed jaeger, Stercorarius longicaudus
rifle — see rifle