Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A prefecture-level city and subprovincial city, the provincial capital of Shandong, in eastern China.
- 2019 February 4, “Choking smog and 'spring heaven': Fellaini's new home in China”, in France 24, archived from the original on 21 May 2022:
- - Woolly hat and sun cream -
Shandong Luneng Taishan, as their full name goes, are based in Jinan, a fast-growing city of about 7.5 million people in China's east. Jinan is the capital of Shandong province.
Fellaini will need a wardrobe for all four seasons. Jinan is currently about as chilly as Manchester, but it can easily drop well below freezing. Summers will be much hotter than northern England, nudging above 30 degrees Celsius (86F).
- Pollution, traffic -
Many Chinese cities are plagued by traffic congestion and pollution, but those problems are acute in Jinan.
The Asian Development Bank in 2017 said rapid economic growth and urbanisation had made Jinan the most congested city in China. It is also in the top 10 most polluted.
- Tsinanfu (obsolete)
sub-provincial city in eastern China
- “Jinan”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- Jinan at Google Ngram Viewer
- “Jinan, pn.”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.
- “Jinan”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: Merriam-Webster, 1996–present.
- “Jinan”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.
- “Jinan” in TheFreeDictionary.com, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.: Farlex, Inc., 2003–2023.
- A town in Jingzhou district, Jingzhou, Hubei, in central China.
- The ancient capital of the former State of Chu in modern Hubei, China.