Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhuːˌbeɪ/, /ˌhuːˈbeɪ/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhuˌbeɪ/, /ˌhuˈbeɪ/, /ˈhubaɪ/
- A province in central China. Capital: Wuhan.
- 2020 February 9, Gerry Shih, “Coronavirus deaths climb as China corrals sick in quarantine facilities in outbreak epicenter”, in The Washington Post, →ISSN, →OCLC, archived from the original on 09 February 2020, Asia & Pacific:
- Cases have been heavily concentrated in Wuhan and surrounding areas of Hubei province, which has been locked down for two weeks in an attempt to contain the virus.
- 2020 March 24, Ken Moritsugu, “China to lift lockdown in most of virus-hit Hubei province”, in AP News, archived from the original on 03 December 2021:
- Chinese authorities said Tuesday they will end a two-month lockdown of most of coronavirus-hit Hubei province at midnight, as domestic cases of what has become a global pandemic subside.
province in central China
- Not to be confused with Hebei.
|Provinces: Anhui · Fujian · Guangdong · Gansu · Guizhou · Henan · Hubei · Hebei · Hainan · Heilongjiang · Hunan · Jilin · Jiangsu · Jiangxi · Liaoning · Qinghai · Sichuan · Shandong · Shaanxi · Shanxi · Taiwan (claimed) · Yunnan · Zhejiang|
|Autonomous regions: Guangxi · Inner Mongolia · Ningxia · Tibet Autonomous Region · Xinjiang|
|Municipalities: Beijing · Tianjin · Shanghai · Chongqing|
|Special administrative regions: Hong Kong · Macau|
- Saul B. Cohen, editor (1998), “Hubei”, in The Columbia Gazetteer of the World, volume 2, New York: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, page 1325, column 3
- “Hubei”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- “Hubei, pn.”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.
- “Hubei”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.
- “Hubei”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: Merriam-Webster, 1996–present.
- “Hubei” in TheFreeDictionary.com, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.: Farlex, Inc., 2003–2023.