Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A coastal province in eastern China, running from Hangzhou Bay to Fujian. Capital: Hangzhou.
- [1982, Jenifer Neils, editor, The World of Ceramics: Masterpieces from the Cleveland Museum of Art, Indiana University Press, →ISBN, LCCN 82-1308, OCLC 464256752, page 85:
- The kiln site actually responsible for such refinement has so far not been located. Shao-hsing, Chechiang Province, is commonly considered their point of origin since so many jars have been unearthed from tombs in that district.[...]It would take until the late third century for the potters of Chechiang to reduce the amount of oxygen in their kilns to the extent necessary for the formation of the glaze color which we call celadon green.]
- 2022 August 17, Yong Xiong; Selina Wang; Nectar Gan, “‘I want freedom’: One man’s escape from zero-Covid China to seek his American dream”, in CNN, archived from the original on 18 August 2022:
- But Wang, who ran a bubble tea shop in an economic backwater in eastern China, says he has neither the money nor the skills to look for a school or job in the US.
After graduating from a vocational high school in 2008, Wang worked in graphic design for a few years in eastern Zhejiang province. Frustrated by low wages and stagnant career growth, he switched to online retail, riding a boom in China’s internet sector.
- Translingual: Zhejiangosaurus
a province in China