Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Xīnjiāng
- A sparsely populated autonomous region (official English language name: Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region) of the People's Republic of China located in the western part of the nation.
- 2020, Laura Zhou, “Marco Rubio urges US Congress to pass Uygur bill to counter China’s crackdown in Xinjiang”, in South China Morning Post:
- Since early 2017, the Chinese government has reportedly detained some 1 million Uygurs and other largely Muslim ethnic minorities in mass internment camps in Xinjiang, where inmates are subjected to political indoctrination. Beijing claims the facilities are “vocational training centres” and says they are a legitimate response to the threat of religious extremism.
- Chinese Turkestan (can variously refer to Xinjiang as a whole or to portions of Xinjiang)
- East Turkestan, East Turkistan
autonomous region of China
- Alternative form of