Jump to navigation Jump to search
Uyghur (plural Uyghurs or Uyghur)
- A member of a Turkic ethnic group living in northwestern China and southeastern Kazakhstan.
- 2020, “S. 3744: Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act of 2020”, in GovTrack:
- The purpose of this Act is to direct United States resources to address human rights violations and abuses, including gross violations of human rights, by the Government of the People’s Republic of China through the mass surveillance and internment of over 1,000,000 Uyghurs, ethnic Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, and members of other Muslim minority groups in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
member of ethnic group
- The language of the Uyghur people.
Uyghur (not comparable)
- Of, from, or pertaining to the Uyghur people or the Uyghur language.
of, from, or pertaining to the Uyghur people or the Uyghur language
- Wiktionary's coverage of Uyghur terms
- ISO 639-1 code uig, ISO 639-3 code uig
- Ethnologue entry for Uyghur, uig
- Latin (ULY) transcription of