Jump to navigation Jump to search
Uyghur (plural Uyghurs or Uyghur)
member of ethnic group
- The language of the Uyghur people.
Uyghur (not comparable)
- Of, from, or pertaining to the Uyghur people or the Uyghur language.
- 2011 November 4, Zhang, Dongya, “A discovery of folk gems in Hotan”, in Beijing Today, number 543, ISSN 2095-9591, OCLC 958634538, Travel China, page 21, column 3:
- Hotan is located in southern Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. It is an oasis town in the Tarim Basin, north of the Kunlun Mountains and south of the Taklamakan Desert. Hotan Prefecture is a multinational area: 96 percent Uyghur and 3 percent Han.
- 2020, “S. 3744: Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act of 2020”, in GovTrack:
- The purpose of this Act is to direct United States resources to address human rights violations and abuses, including gross violations of human rights, by the Government of the People’s Republic of China through the mass surveillance and internment of over 1,000,000 Uyghurs, ethnic Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, and members of other Muslim minority groups in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
of, from, or pertaining to the Uyghur people or the Uyghur language
- Wiktionary’s coverage of Uyghur terms
- ISO 639-1 code ug, ISO 639-3 code uig (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Uyghur, uig
- “Uyghur”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- Uyghur at OneLook Dictionary Search
- “Uyghur”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary
- “Uyghur” in TheFreeDictionary.com, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.: Farlex, Inc., 2003–2022.
- Latin (ULY) transcription of