Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /nɔɹθˈwɛst/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /nɔːθˈwɛst/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛst
- Hyphenation: north‧west
- The intercardinal compass point halfway between west and north; specifically at a bearing of 315°.
- Antonym: southeast
- north by northwest
- north northwest
- North West
- Northwest Arctic Borough
- northwest by north
- northwest by west
- Northwest Germanic
- Northwest Passage
- Northwest Territories
- Old Northwest
- Pacific Northwest
- west northwest
- Of, in or pertaining to the northwest; northwestern.
- Situated toward or in the direction of the northwest; northwestward; northwesterly.
- A northwest course.
- Coming from the northwest; northwesterly.
- A northwest wind.
northwestern — see northwestern
northwesterly — see northwesterly
- Towards or in the direction of the northwest; northwestwards.
- We are travelling northwest at the moment.