Jump to navigation Jump to search
- naut. (abbreviation)
Borrowed from Middle French nautique, from Latin nauticus (“of or relating to sailors”), from Ancient Greek ναυτικός (nautikós).
- IPA(key): /ˈnɔː.tɪ.kəl/
- (General American, cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ˈnɑt.ɪ.kəl/
Audio (US) (file)
nautical (not generally comparable, comparative more nautical, superlative most nautical)
- Relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen.
- nautical charts
- I was mostly unfamiliar with the nautical terms used in the sailing documentary.
- English terms borrowed from Middle French
- English terms derived from Middle French
- English terms derived from Latin
- English terms derived from Ancient Greek
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English terms with usage examples